Need help to finish DMD zip/7z release generator (alpha release)

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Sep 25 07:58:48 PDT 2013

On 25.09.2013 15:36, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 08:59:04 +0200
> Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> I retried and had the issue with access to
>> %TEMP%/".create_dmd_release problem problem during startup again.
>> This time it was TortoiseGitCache holding a handle to that directory.
>> Killing that process helped.
>>

> Yea, Windows is a pain with file/directory locking :/

Well, actually Windows is way better than POSIX in this regard, because
Windows like a few other systems does implement locking at the kernel level.

Whereas POSIX locking relies in a form of userspace cooperative locking
that does not prevent someone to come in between and mess up with the files.

Nothing like deleting a file or write to it, while it is in use by other
processes, without any means to prevent such actions in a portable way.

--
Paulo