More Linux love?

JohnnyK johnnykinsey at comcast.net
Wed Sep 25 08:16:44 PDT 2013

+1 here

yeah DMD is easy to use in linux.  I have installed and used it
in several Linux distros and everytime it has just worked.  I
just installed DMD on Slackware 14 x86_64 and it was a copy/paste
of the binaries fix up the paths in dmd.comf and Hello World just
compiles and runs.  The only issue I have is that I am wondering
why I cannot compile hello world with -m32.  I get linker errors.
  Anyway this is not the thread for this.  I will post the output
to the proper location later.  I must say it's not really hard to
install and use dmd on any OS that it supports of course I have
not used it on Mac OS but I have used it on Freebsd and that was
a piece of cake even had the gtkd lib working without too much
trouble.  Most of the libraries are being built today with Linux
in mind I have noticed so really if your on Linux your in the
sweet spot for dmd if you ask me.