Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 05:53:59 PDT 2013

On 26/09/2013 08:45, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> I'm ok with links being added, although I'm not sure what all this
>> would help to achieve. It partially duplicates the
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/IDEs wiki entry, which is linked in the
>> downloads navigation sidebar.
>
>  > BTW that sub-sidebar could use a cleanup as well, the whole thing is a
>> bit disjoint.
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but I notice the navigation looks
> slightly different on almost every page and a lot of the stuff linked to
> is pretty dated.

I meant the sub-bar that appears under Downloads & Tools, on the
downloads page. The one with "Linux notes | Windows notes | ... |
Editors | IDEs".

If it was up to me, I'd cleanup so that that sub-navigation bar would
point only to subsections of the Downloads main page (using HTML
anchors), instead of directly linking to other pages. And I would rework
the sections so that only the most relevant downloads and tools would
have their own sections (DMD, GDC, LDC, Editors, IDEs, DMD v1).
Everything else go to a Other Tools sections at the end (or not be there
at all, directly linked. Do we really need links to Empire on the main
download page? Or even to DMC or Optlink documentation?)
But I guess such task is another story..

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer