dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Sep 26 13:09:03 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-26 10:39, Manu wrote:

>     http://code.dlang.org/
>

> Is that not a package list?
>
> I only just skimmed this thread, but it seemed dub installs packages to
> me...
> What did it install when I told it to install vibe.d and some other
> companion pieces then?

If you run "dub install" it will only clone the repository and its
dependencies. It will not compile anything and it won't put the
resulting binaries (which don't exist) in a easily accessible location.

Although it can be useful to integrate in an IDE, but that will only be
useful for libraries. Not for executables, since they're not installed.

--
/Jacob Carlborg