dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Sep 26 17:20:57 PDT 2013

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 15:20:53 Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> I just don't think dub should aim for that goal. It should mainly be a
> build tool and package manager for development-time usage.

Agreed. I don't think that dub should have anything to with installing
programs or installing anything in the system at large. IMHO, it should be
solely for development. At most, it should be set up to collect all of the
libraries needed for running the application so that you know what you need
when actually creating a system package for your application.

- Jonathan M Davis