std.xml – any news?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Fri Sep 27 07:48:42 PDT 2013

On Friday, 27 September 2013 at 14:18:42 UTC, Chris wrote:
> Is anyone working on std.xml (and possibly json/yaml?) at the
> moment? std.xml is veeeery slow and is a serious performance
> bottleneck in my application (with dmd, with ldc it's fine). I
> know that there is a deprecation warning and if I ever hoped
> that something would be deprecated, it's this module! ... Don't
> look at me, I'm not yet experienced enough with ranges etc. to
> implement it.

There is a `std.xml2` hanging around
http://wiki.dlang.org/Review_Queue but when I was asking for
module authors ready/willing to ongo formal review, Michael Rynn
did not seem to appear so this may be abandoned. If someone wants
to take this as base and championship this project forward,
forcing review/voting is not difficult.