John Carmack on Eclipse performance

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Sep 27 10:26:51 PDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 07:12:27PM +0200, qznc wrote:
[...]
> Carmack is a very humble C++ programmer, though. In one of the last
> QuakeCon keynotes he said something like "I think I have nearly
> figured out how to use C++."

No, he's just a very honest programmer. I doubt if *anyone* has figured
out how to use C++.  (That is, in a way that is actually correct and
bug-free. There are, of course, many ways of writing C++ code, and most
of them are wrong. I don't know if we have found a way to write C++ code
that isn't wrong by definition or 99% buggy.)

The two rules of success: 1. Don't tell everything you know. -- YHL