[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 11:38:07 PDT 2013

On Friday, 27 September 2013 at 17:41:46 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> This is really late, but I meant to ask, is your code up in
> github? I'd like to play around with it a bit.

Not yet, I'm actually working on it right now though, trying to
get X copy/paste working. What an obscure process with just xlib!

I just got paste basically working, after I get copy working I'll
post it and email you or something.

After that, my basic xterm replacement will be set up. Then it is
bugs and extensions. I'm still trying to think of a good way to
do the extensions - I'd ideally like something that would just be
ignored by xterm for compatibility sake, but failing that, at
least I need an activation sequence that no other program would
even put out.

I'm kinda leaning toward something like \033[?5000h to activate
it - xterm uses 1000h for its mouse extension function and i
believe ignores ones in that pattern it doesn't know. Then once
magic mode is activated it can just look for invalid unicode
characters to activate a command, perhaps even using a simple
checksum so cat /dev/random isn't likely to trigger them. (This
would be a lot easier if I didn't care at all about compatibility
with existing unix programs!) Worst case, we can use an
environment variable to signal the library to never send magic
commands, so at least then xterm won't get trash.

anyway yeah i'll post it later and let you know.