SteamOS, games programming, and D

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 17:26:49 PDT 2013

On Friday, 27 September 2013 at 23:56:00 UTC, Klaim - Joël
Lamotte wrote:
>  2. SteamWorks API compatibility: it's required for Steam, if I
> understand
> correctly, so you'll need to make sure it's possible to use
> SteamWorks
> library from D. I think it's all C but not sure.

SteamWorks and the Source SDK both mostly consist of pure virtual
interfaces, implementations of which can be fetched through C
factory functions. Even with D's currently limited C++
interoperability features, these APIs are remarkably bindable.