John Carmack on Eclipse performance

Froglegs barf at barf.com
Sat Sep 28 03:40:42 PDT 2013

> I do like C++, but every time I look what is happening post
> C++11, tend to be glad to spend most of my time in JVM/.NET
> land, specially because I deal a lot with teams full of
> developers with an average skill set.
>

> --
> Paulo

  Eh? C++11 makes things easier/better IMO, C++14 also has a few
good things in it.  Really I'd say the main issue with C++ is how
slow they are at adding some of the really important things(no
modules until C++17(if then) --)

   personally I don't give a fig about developers with average
skill sets, but even they are better off with newer features like
auto, lambda, shared_ptr/unique_ptr