SteamOS, games programming, and D

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Sat Sep 28 08:20:02 PDT 2013

Am 28.09.2013 12:06, schrieb evilrat:
> On Saturday, 28 September 2013 at 08:25:22 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> Am 27.09.2013 16:43, schrieb Joseph Rushton Wakeling:
>>
>> Also a graphical debugger is usually the base requirement for gamedev.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Benjamin Thaut
>
> u mean debugger with GUI or just directx/opengl debugger? for second one
> can use any existing ones, all works fine with D. as for GUI debugger,
> IMHO the best one is visuald plugin.

Graphical debugger means something like the visual studio debugger. I
use VisualD but it is not quite there yet. There a still numerous issues
left where the debugger doesn't work / displays wrong values etc.

DirectX/OpenGL debuggers are usually external tools, so this is not an
issue.

--
Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut