SteamOS, games programming, and D

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 05:18:23 PDT 2013

On 29 September 2013 21:55, Mike Parker <aldacron at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/29/2013 8:25 PM, Manu wrote:
> >
> > Cool, I haven't tried them. I have my own bindings.
> > If I were looking for those binding's, I wouldn't find them there.
> > If they're solid, they should be extracted and put somewhere really
> > common... which does lead me to wonder, where is that exactly?
>
> I've been maintaining Derelict for nearly 10 years now. Numerous people
> have managed to find them so far :-) Originally at DSource (Derelict 1 &
> 2), then on to github with Derelict 3. Now, DerelictOrg is a reorganization
> of the project. I've put each package in its own repository and moved to
> using dub exclusively for compilation.
>
> Given the nature of the project, I really don't know where else I would
> put it. With dub, I don't think it matters anymore.

Okay, fair enough. So they're not intrinsically associated with Derelict in
any way then?
Naming the binding 'DerelictGL' (and friends) might not be the best idea if
you want to promote it as the official/goto binding for D.
Sounds unofficial.

> Last time I checked, there isn't even a standard D lib path in linux...
> > I roll with /usr/include/d2/, but that doesn't seem to be a universally
> > accepted location.
>
> Three words: dub, dub, dub. Then you don't have to worry about that sort
> of thing anymore.

Where does dub put it?
I think there's value in knowing that I can find C headers in /usr/include,
I want that for D too.