SteamOS, games programming, and D

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 05:50:28 PDT 2013

On 9/29/2013 9:18 PM, Manu wrote:

> Okay, fair enough. So they're not intrinsically associated with Derelict
> in any way then?

You mean DerelictGL and friends? Yes, they are. DerelictOrg is the new
Derelict. I'm steadily migrating the packages from Derelict3. Once I'm
done, Derelict3 will be officially dead and deprecated. I'm going
through with this because dub makes it feasible. I've never liked having
each package all lumped in one repository.

> Naming the binding 'DerelictGL' (and friends) might not be the best idea
> if you want to promote it as the official/goto binding for D.
> Sounds unofficial.

I've never claimed that it is official! It is, and always has been, a
side project for me. These days, I tend to rely on pull requests for a
large part of the maintenance. But I make time for critical issues that
pop up in the Derelict forum, or for things that strike my fancy. That
word "official" scares me.

> Where does dub put it?
> I think there's value in knowing that I can find C headers in
> /usr/include, I want that for D too.

IIRC, it keeps everything in ~/.dub.