Can we please kill the hyphenator already?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 14:59:48 PDT 2013

We're literally having new people coming in to IRC every day saying
they can't read the D documentation because of hyphenator completely
blocking the website (before the browser forces it to stop loading).

If Andrei still wants it in, fine, but re-add it **later** once it's
fixed or implemented properly. We can't have the site be unusable in
the meantime. E.g. loading the following page blocks the latest
version of Firefox for several seconds before getting a dialog box
asking the user to stop the script:

http://dlang.org/phobos/core_time.html

Remove hyphenator, sync up the website, and them make a decision on
what to do later. I am really pissed off at how many D newcomers get
thrown off, because someone is sitting on their hands with the key to
the website in their pocket. We might as well (as a community) move
the entire website over to another place, and end this veto nonsense.