Front-end release.NEXT

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sun Sep 29 15:07:31 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 29 September 2013 at 19:24:40 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> My biggest pet peeve is probably how dmd treats va_arg a
> totally inconsistent way across each platform dmd supports.  In
> comparison gdc handles va_arg in one way, and it is identical
> across
> each platform supported (and platforms that have not yet gotten
> support ;)

… with the most irritating aspect being that DMD doesn't
correctly implement va_copy on x86_64 (at least it didn't last
time I checked), yet nobody seems to have noticed so far.

This was in fact the reason for me to put fixing the related
state of affairs in LDC on the back burner, although I'd highly
appreciate if somebody with DMD backend experience would aid in
getting this done and over with once and for all.

David