[RFC] - mysql-native rewrite

simendsjo simendsjo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 11:14:12 PDT 2013

On Monday, 30 September 2013 at 16:27:16 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 September 2013 at 16:39:27 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
>> I've been working on a more or less complete rewrite of the
>> mysql-native module.
>
> I don't have any specific comments.  Just want to say that
> Steve Teale originally wrote the module as part of his
> std.database efforts.  I think it would be nice if any redesign
> done would aim for eventual phobos inclusion.

I don't agree that this library should aim for any inclusion in
phobos. I plan on exposing the MySQL API as closely as possible
and a couple of higher level convenience functions. The
std.database would have to be database agnostic, and should be a
library interfacing to mysql-native, postgres etc.

We should contact the author of ddbc for input:
https://github.com/buggins/ddbc