[RFC] - mysql-native rewrite

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Mon Sep 30 13:30:13 PDT 2013

On Monday, 30 September 2013 at 17:19:44 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-09-30 16:08, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> I don't think there is a common consensus here. Don't even
>> think it is
>> possible. Doom of proper multi-paradigm language :)
>
> At least a few point can be made, like:
>
> * For reference types use classes, or use structs with
> reference counting
> * For sub typing use classes, or use structs with alias this
> * For polymorphic types use classes
> * For value types use structs
> * For deterministic destruction use structs

That's a good point to start. The points above could be fleshed
out in a tutorial or article. Another good section would be the
pitfalls involved in using structs. I think it was H. S. Teoh who
mentioned a subtle bug due to a missing ref or something like
that.