(DO NOT POST TO HACKERNEWS/REDDIT/ETC.) RFC for a Community Newsletter for D: What's New in D Draft #1

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 17:59:29 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 2 April 2014 at 00:26:58 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Looks quite nice. But I suggest to avoid this wizbang style of
> writing, and use one more fit for a technical newsletter:

I'm worried about it being too dry, as it's really just
regurgitating information that's already freely available and
probably has already been read by a lot of people who watch the
newsgroup/Github. Also, we have to think about the image that the
D community projects, so I'd like to keep a friendly and informal
tone. However, perhaps the machine metaphor is a bit too
poetic/pretentious.

> To reduce the probability of such delays, and to make you less
> bored of this work in the following years, I suggest to make
> your work (to create a post) as fast as possible and as much
> automatic as possible. This means creating scripts for the
> automatic upload, etc.

I agree. The problem is that I'm not entirely sure what I need
currently, and I suspect that I won't know until I'm in the thick
of things. It's good to keep in mind, however, that this is not
meant to be a big professionally-produced undertaking (unless
other people want to contribute and make it professional). I'm
only one person, after all, so I do not want to be overly
ambitious in scope.