(DO NOT POST TO HACKERNEWS/REDDIT/ETC.) RFC for a Community Newsletter for D: What's New in D Draft #1

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Apr 2 04:34:33 PDT 2014

Awesome stuff there!

I do want to propose one fundamental change though - change
grouping / ordering to be based on potential importance to the
casual end user and not by information origin. For example, I am
pretty sure that merged -vgc thing is more important from
marketing point of view than half of actual announcements. Of
course importance judgement will be biased but it is still better
than unsorted list.

Don't forget that primary audience for such publication is
someone who does not code in D now and/or actively follow the
development but wants to be aware of "big things" to possibly
reconsider. Plain pull request description list will likely to
look quite cryptic.