What would be the consequence of implementing interfaces as fat pointers ?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Wed Apr 2 12:29:26 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 2 April 2014 at 18:21:26 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> You don't even come close to L3 in 3 cycles. Propagating signal
> takes time. You end up with 2 constraint in tension: the bigger
> your cache, the longer the round trip.

I was thinking about it the wrong way, I guess it does not matter
if a read is getting the wrong value if there are concurrent
writes to the same location when there is no synchronization.
It's feels weird, but speculative out-of-order execution etc is
not-very-intuitive in the first place...