(DO NOT POST TO HACKERNEWS/REDDIT/ETC.) RFC for a Community Newsletter for D: What's New in D Draft #1

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Wed Apr 2 13:53:46 PDT 2014

On 02/04/14 01:25, Meta wrote:
> Thanks to an unexpected free afternoon due to a brutal spring blizzard, and
> large amount of caffeine, I've come up with an initial draft of a D newsletter.
> It's tentatively named "What's New in D", and it's purpose is to aggregate the
> important community news in one place, as well as to give D some well-deserved
> publicity.

Very nice!  It's great that you've stepped up to do this.

> As I said, this is an initial rough draft to show how I envision the basic
> format. The end product, of course, will not be hosted on Google Docs... I've
> been considering using GitHub Pages to host it, but if anyone has a better
> suggestion, please let me know. I think it would be really neat to write these
> newsletters in DDOC, but I know barely anything about DDOC.

Honestly think that you should go with the solution that will make it easiest to
write and share the results.  The point of a newsletter like this is to
communicate!  You could do much worse than a Wordpress blog -- simple, has
built-in comments and lots of plugins, talks very easily to lots of the rest of
the internet ...