Poll - How long have you been in D?

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Fri Apr 4 03:25:57 PDT 2014

On Friday, 4 April 2014 at 02:10:15 UTC, dnewbie wrote:
> Please vote now!
> http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=533e10e4e4b0edddf89898c5
>
> See also results from previous years:
> - http://d.darktech.org/2012.png
> - http://d.darktech.org/2013.png

It would be 2011 or 2012, I think. I learned about it in a Linux
magazin that said that "Fedora now ships with a compiler for the
D programming language", just a note on the last page. The word
"compiler" caught my attention (because I was sick of "portable"
interpreted languages). It was in December and I checked it out
over Xmas, having a few days off, and I thought "This is it, my
prayers have been answered". Native on all platforms, seamlessly
interfaces to C. Say no more. Ever since I've been trying to tame
that beast.