Linker not working under dmd

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:28:54 PDT 2014

I had this problem too with the new dmd version on a CentOS
server.

My solution was to link it manually. First, run your dmd command
with -v at the end to get the verbose output. The last line it
outputs will be the linking command.

Copy/paste that and find where it does the -l:phobos2 or whatever
it exactly looks like. Delete it and instead use plain -lphobos2,
no weirdo colon.

Then it should work. I changed my makefile to always compile and
link separately on that box so I wouldn't have to worry about it
later.

(i also had to recompile phobos on that box because the libc was
too old for the qsort_r druntime now uses. If you have that
problem too, let me know and I'll tell you what I did.)