Proper C Pointer Binding

Marc Schütz" <schuetzm at gmx.net> Marc Schütz" <schuetzm at gmx.net>
Sat Apr 5 09:53:09 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 5 April 2014 at 13:55:27 UTC, Róbert László Páli
wrote:
> When released as a library I would simply not put them
> in the di Files, but I do not really want to use di-s for
> developing the lib, but generate them for release.
> Can I declare these extern C functions inline the
> methods using it?

Unfortunately not, because they then their names get mangled
incorrectly.

Maybe DMD should be changed to not output private declarations,
if they are not needed (i.e. don't affect struct layout, for
example), then you can just declare them in a `private { }` block.