A very fast linker to replace gcc's ld

Asman01 jckj33 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:47:32 PDT 2014

Today I've found a good alternative to slow gcc's linker: gold.
Written by  Google in C++ it's a linker writen for large code
bases with C++ in mind. The author claims it's about 5 times fast
than gcc's one. It does support ELF only and UNIX-like symtem I
think it's enough to dmd on linux or am I missing something? I
believe it can reduce a lot dmd's compilation speed on these
system. It's under same GPL as gcc's ld. I wonder if we can use
it to make dmd still fastest. :)
It seems same case as Facebook needed a new C++ preprocessor for
its large code base.

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com.br/2008/04/gold-google-releases-new-and-improved.html
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/images/stories/pdf/lfcs2012_ccoutant.pdf