Specifying C++ symbols in C++ namespaces

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Apr 5 16:26:33 PDT 2014

On 4/5/2014 2:55 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:
> I like this idea. But... should this potentially useful thing really be
> restricted to extern C++ things? I've seen at least one attempt to create a
> namespace using what D currently offers [1], and frankly something like the
> above would make much more sense than a class no one can instantiate.

I can't escape the feeling that if you're trying to do namespaces in D, you're
doing something worng.

I feel that C++ messed up namespace design because:

1. namespaces are not closed
2. they have no relationship with modules

which has wound up forcing the addition of Yet Another Design when imports and
modules are added to C++.