mysql-native: newbie questions

salvari salvari at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 12:05:29 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 18 February 2014 at 01:04:10 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
> .. preamble
>
> The rejectedsoftware repo is based on an earlier version of
> mine which in turn is based on the original by Steve Teale
> (britseye).
>
> (... lots of compiler errors ...)
>
> What you are seeing are missing dependencies. DMD won't figure
> out dependencies you are using without you specifying it in
> detail.
>
> You should be using dub directly rather than dmd. Specify your
> dependencies in the package.json file, and use "dub run" to run
> the application.
>
> I created a video tutorial a couple of days ago that might help
> you get started using dub: http://youtu.be/8TV9ZZteYEU

Following Nick advice I've completed my project by using dmd and
specifying dependencies manually, it's a tiny project after all.
Everything seems to work fine. So...

After seen your tutorials (at youtube, by the way very useful
indeed) I'm now trying to port my code to use dub, again I have a
doubt.

In my code, at 'dub.json' file I've wrote:
	"dependencies": {
             "mysql-native" : ">=0.0.12"
	}

When trying to build, I've got an error from mysql-native code:
$HOME/.dub/packages/mysql-native-0.0.12/source/mysql/connection.d(333):
Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (t % 24) of type int
to ubyte

But this error seems to be already solved in github repo for
mysql-native.

I manually copy the files from my cloned copy of mysql-native into
$HOME/.dub/packages/mysql-native-0.0.12/source/mysql/

and now everything works fine.

Am I making an error when specifying my dependencies??