Recommendation: Compile DMD with More Warnings

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sun Apr 6 13:10:23 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 6 April 2014 at 17:39:38 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> I'd like dmd/ldc2 compilers to compile with warnings active on
> default, plus to have a switch to disable them.

LDC is actually built with -Wall -Wextra by default. The warnings
are disabled for the DMD source files though, as leaving them on
just floods the console output, making actual issues much harder
to see.

We will have to look into additionally adding warning push/pop
pragmas around the frontend includes in the "proper" LDC source
files though. Currently, we get quite a bit of log spam from
them, and some of them are unlikely to be addressed in the
upstream source.

David