Use C++ exception model in D

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Apr 7 23:36:50 PDT 2014

How feasible would it be if D moved to using the same exception model as
C++?

The advantage of this would be that D exceptions would become compatible
with C++ exceptions. It would also mean that D exceptions would become
compatible with Objective-C exceptions on OS X 64bit, since they use the
same exception model as C++. I'm not sure, but if GDC and LDC already
use the C++ exception model it would probably make their lives easier as
well.

The disadvantages are that someone needs to implement it. I'm not sure,
but it may also break existing code.

Note, I'm mostly interested in Posix 64bit.

--
/Jacob Carlborg