mysql-native: newbie questions

simendsjo simendsjo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 23:51:22 PDT 2014

On 04/07/2014 07:27 PM, Steve Teale wrote:
> On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 22:54:58 UTC, salvari wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> After 14 years using Perl for programming at job I'm now learning D.
>> (And enjoying it)
>>
>> We've been using Perl (at job) for years for loading input data (UTF
>> files) into a database and using these data for different purposes.
>>
>> The volume of input data files has been constantly increasing along
>> the years and, eventually, we need a faster solution, that's the
>> reason to switch back to compiled languages, and D seemed interesting
>> enough to give it a try. :-)
>>
>> As a newbie I've a few questions. I'm already using D and it's working
>> fine, although I'm writing baby-D the performance improvement is
>> impressive, I'm now trying to use mysql native access. It seems there
>> are two possibilities:
>>
>> - https://github.com/simendsjo/mysqln
>> - https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/mysql-native
>
> Quite by accident/coincidence, I recently returned to my mysqln effort
> to see if it would still build with the latest dmd.

This is great news. If you look at the simendsjo repo, there's a rewrite
in progress, but it's still missing some key features.
The rejectedsoftware repo is the one in production use.

Here's a TODO:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/zsfxoggzwkmqjzyxbwgc@forum.dlang.org

And a recent discussion on github:
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/mysql-native/issues/34#issuecomment-39708245

The code is still very much your own with some restructuring and
cleanups, so hopefully you'll feel at home.