mysql-native: newbie questions

simendsjo simendsjo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 00:59:57 PDT 2014

On 04/08/2014 09:52 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On 4/8/2014 2:51 AM, simendsjo wrote:
>>
>> This is great news. If you look at the simendsjo repo, there's a rewrite
>> in progress, but it's still missing some key features.
>> The rejectedsoftware repo is the one in production use.
>>
>> Here's a TODO:
>> http://forum.dlang.org/post/zsfxoggzwkmqjzyxbwgc@forum.dlang.org
>>

> It looks like at least some of that TODO takes things beyond where the
> rejectedsoftware version is, which is good, of course. But what would
> you say are the things needed just to bring it up to parity with the
> rejectedsoftware version? (So we could declare it the new "official" and
> either replace or deprecate the current one.)

What comes to mind is
* Stored Procedures
* Purging results (cancelling queries)
* Sending and receiving large blobs

But if this should become the official version, more thought should go
into the API, or we should build a "fully" compatible API.

By "fully", I mean as much as possible - there are some very odd
behavior regarding passing values to stored procedures in the original
code that shouldn't be replicated.