A serious security bug... caused by no bounds checking.

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Tue Apr 8 01:47:05 PDT 2014

On Monday, 7 April 2014 at 23:28:03 UTC, w0rp wrote:
> http://heartbleed.com/
>
> This bug has been getting around. The bug was caused by missing
> bounds checking.
>
> I'm glad to be using a language with bounds checking.

I never got the point of not having bounds checking in C and its
ilk.

All the alternative system programming languages allow disabling
them, if one really needs to do so.

Which should only be done after profiling, proving it is the
cause of the application not delivering the desired performance
and only on the exact spot.

Me too am glad see bounds checking in D by default.

--
Paulo