Fwd: confirm 9a85e83e9531356d37cfd8581573d167b99c16f8

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Fri Apr 11 09:36:38 PDT 2014

On Friday, 11 April 2014 at 12:18:38 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I use lastpass premium, $1/month. I started using it when a web
> site that I created a user for, to comment *once* on an
> article, ended up having its passwords stolen (in encrypted
> form), and I realized I had used the same password as my bank,
> credit card, email, etc.
>
> A good article on password managers:

> As a bonus, I keep all kinds of info in my last pass vault,
> that I would normally have to write down (like safe
> combinations, or key codes for doors). It's really cool to have
> an infinite memory for infrequently used, but very important
> things, that only I can access :)
>
> They just updated their "challenge" tool to scour your
> passwords, tell you which ones are for sites that were affected
> by the heartbleed bug, whether those sites are now safe or not
> (including whether the certificate is new or not), and whether
> your password predates them making their site safe (so you
> should go change the password).
>
> -Steve

I second the endorsement for LastPass. I have over 200 passwords,
all unique to each site and all random characters, symbols, and
numbers between 12-64 characters in length (64 unless the site
restricts password length). There is a lot of peace of mind
knowing any site hacks that occur are isolated to one site and
not all the sites I used the password for.