Fwd: confirm 9a85e83e9531356d37cfd8581573d167b99c16f8

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Apr 11 15:19:25 PDT 2014

On 4/11/2014 3:37 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:

> Yup, mailman sucks.  But so do all the other list managers out there.
> :)  With all the accurate and well placed righteous indignation on this
> thread.. surely someone has the drive to actually fix the problem.

I'm actually [indirectly] working on that sort of thing by developing
libs intended to make using proper security best-practices far too
convenient for anyone to NOT use them. The first part of that:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/lhr7kb$17f2$1@digitalmars.com

Outside testing and source auditing would be appreciated. I admit I'm
currently having a little trouble reconciling @safe with the
auto-zeroing password struct. (Maybe Password could somehow just use
RAII without RefCounting?)

 > I'm
> reasonably confident that the mailman team would appreciate the manpower
> to tackle the problem. :)

Honestly, I'm not so sure about that:

http://www.list.org/jwzrebuttal.html

The mailman devs appear to be thoroughly convinced their auth system is
a good one.