Fwd: confirm 9a85e83e9531356d37cfd8581573d167b99c16f8

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 11 19:22:40 PDT 2014

On 4/11/14, 6:32 PM, Manu wrote:
> Anyway, this is all beside the point, the issue is _I got an email that TOLD ME MY PASSWORD_. Which
> is completely inexcusable, ammateur, and offensive. When will it be fixed?

In mailman 3 from what I've read, but it's been years in the coming.  As host of the mail/news
gateway, I plan on taking no particular actions here, other than to agree that it's a rather
unfortunately bad security stance.  If someone finds a better mail/news gateway and list manager
that solves more problems than it causes and can spend some time testing it to make sure it's
actually better rather than just claims to be, then I'll consider switching to it.

With a little luck the recent flurry of activity surrounding the yahoo kerfuffle will kick the right
people into gear and some real progress will be made.  But I won't be holding my breath.