Fwd: confirm 9a85e83e9531356d37cfd8581573d167b99c16f8

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at no.address
Sat Apr 12 03:44:49 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 12 April 2014 at 09:53:13 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On 12 April 2014 19:04, Paolo Invernizzi
> <paolo.invernizzi at no.address>wrote:
>
> It is a basic reality that most people aren't
> particularly concerned about their security (until they are
> bitten) and
> it's also a reality that not everybody even understands
> computer security
> enough to secure themselves in basic ways. Web services MUST
> take a
> proactive approach regarding users security, at least to a
> reasonable
> extent, and I'd argue that not storing users passwords in plain
> text is
> quite a reasonable expectation!

We are not talking the same language, Manu: what I'm meaning is
that you are a smart guy, a programmer, and for sure you
"understand computer security", still you shared a password among
a few sites, and worst, you missed a _clear warning_ when you
registered to mailman.

Assumed that I agree with you regarding the proactive approach of
the others in security, I still state that nothing can be gained
without a proactive approach of myself regarding security.

/Paolo