Fwd: confirm 9a85e83e9531356d37cfd8581573d167b99c16f8

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sat Apr 12 17:05:39 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 12 April 2014 at 21:27:10 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On 4/12/2014 11:21 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>>
>> You do realize that, for example, forum.dlang.org does not use
>> https and
>> thus passwords are sent in plain text over the internet upon
>> every login
>> attempt anyway?
>
> I didn't know that (I normally use the NNTP interface and have
> only ever used forum.dlang.org sans-login). But, yea, that
> should be fixed.

How would expect it to work? No secure connection of some sort
pretty much equals to plain text passwords, one way or another. I
am pretty sure forum.dlang.org account is not expected to be any
secure, we don't even reserve those nicknames from being used by
non-registered posters. It is just small convenience thing to
help track posts read.