Heartbleed and static analysis

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sun Apr 13 10:38:29 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 13 April 2014 at 17:31:17 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Interestingly, I've been seeing that what makes D code much
> more robust is a consequence of 'unittest' coupled with -cov.

It is big deal breaker for personal projects and open-source
collaboration. For big private projects agreeing on single
testing framework and adding one of coverage analyzers to the CI
is not that much of a problem. Convenient, but not a deal breaker
over C++.

But being less afraid to actually write code because of more
powerful type system and safer defaults - this is huge.

I think most important thing about built-in unittests is how this
feature encourages to add tests when contributing to projects
that don't currently have any real coverage. It becomes so easy
that there is not reason to not do it and this help open-source a
lot.