enum

Shammah Chancellor anonymous at coward.com
Sun Apr 13 12:24:59 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-08 19:08:46 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu said:

> The current design is loose enough to accommodate all of the above
> uses, probably too loose because it allows a bunch of nonsensical code
> to compile. There are several questions to ask ourselves:
>
> Andrei

Can we step off the trying to prevent nonsensical code from compiling
thing?   Anything that's turing complete will allow nonsensical code to
run.   I'd rather have static analysis tools that issue warnings which
are supressable.   The whole thing with @safe and shared makes a lot of
sensical code NOT compile without atrocious workarounds.

-S.