Fwd: confirm 9a85e83e9531356d37cfd8581573d167b99c16f8

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Sun Apr 13 22:11:57 PDT 2014

On Monday, 14 April 2014 at 04:35:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I also think that it is reasonable to expect an knowledgeable
> user to use a different password for every account.

I don't think it is reasonable to assume that all users of D have
to be that knowledgable, or to make it a prerequisite for
participation.

> After all, password security is only as good as the weakest
> system it is used on.

Yes, and under that assumption all passwords should be created by
drawing letters from a box an memorized and NEVER be written down
in any shape or form. And using a paper shredders is quite also
insufficient for maculating, you should shred, burn and then stir
the ashes. I know, I learned this in the army as a teletypist.

I don't practice it everywhere though... I think Manu's
expectations were reasonable. I think it is reasonable to take
some risk for hobbystuff, an unreasonable to unneccessarily
increase the risk by storing in the clear for no good reason.