mail list bounces

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 14 20:45:41 PDT 2014

Another flurry of bounces floated through today (which I handled by removing the suspensions,
again).  The only practical choice is a fairly intrusive one.  I've enabled the from_is_list option,
meaning that the 'from' address from mail originating through the list will be different.  I have no
idea how well or badly this will work out, but it's that or stop the mail/news gateway which is an
even worse option.  I've set the mailman from_is_list option to 'wrap_message'.  This will likely be
the first message through the list with that option set, so we'll see how it works out.

I've done this for only the digitalmars.d list so far, but if it works well enough, I'll make the
same change to every list.

If any of you work at yahoo, would you please visit whatever team is responsible for deciding to
cause this world of pain and thank them for me?

Later,
Brad