DIP60: @nogc attribute

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 15 14:41:35 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 20:56:24 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:06:26 -0400, Walter Bright
> <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/15/2014 12:57 PM, monarch_dodra wrote:
>>> I mean, if we want this to actually be useful in Phobos (or
>>> other), it will
>>> require *massive* tagging all over the place.
>>
>> I don't see that we have much choice about it.
>>
>> Note that an entire file can be marked with just:
>>
>>    @nogc:
>
> Then let's please have @gc.
>
> -Steve

Yes, please. Too few of the attributes have inverse attributes.

Being able to stick your defaults up at the top of your module
and then overriding them only when needed would be very nice and
make the code a lot more tidy.

Also, it'd be nice if you could optionally stick a @ before some
of the attributes to make everything consistent looking.

@pure @nothrow @nogc: /* Mmm */