"Spawn as many thousand threads as you like" and D

Bienlein via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 16 07:16:27 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 16 April 2014 at 14:06:13 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

> I agree, but I also wonder why you still keep ignoring vibe.d.
> It achieves exactly that - right now! Integration with
> std.concurrency would be great, but at least for now it has an
> API compatible replacement that can be merged later when Sean's
> pull request is done.

The point is that vibe.d is a distributed solution. Nothing wrong
about that. But in a single instance of some Go program you can
 >locally< spawn "as many threads as you like" with the number of
threads easily being 50.000 and more. It seems that in the Go
community people often do that without going distributed. Looks
like this makes things a lot simpler when writing server-side
applications.