Redesign of dlang.org

Frustrated via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 18 08:55:55 PDT 2014

On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 14:04:04 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been D enthusiast for couple of years now (but I do not
> participate much in discussions here, although I read forums
> almost daily), and I keep telling people about D and how
> awesome it is.
>
> But, all this time D's official website somehow archaic look
> kept troubling me. It reminds me of early 2000's design and I
> really cannot associate this design with "modern" or "elegant",
> what D really is.
> I think that we must invest time and energy improving the
> website's look and feel as that is what people first coming to
> D will see. We need to strive for "wow" and not "meh" as a
> first impression.
>
> So I have started this thread to see if there is a chance for
> complete redesign of dlang.org.
>
> I have also tried to design something myself (although I'm not
> a designer) and this is what I came up with:
>
> http://krcko.net/dlang.org/dlang-home-draft1.png
>
> I'm not entirely satisfied with it but I believe that it looks
> better (or at least more modern) than the current design.
>

> So, what do you guys think?
>

> -- Aleksandar

I like it too. A little cleaner/sharper. A little more balanced.
(centered, colors, etc)

Not a huge improvement in some ways, which is good and bad. The
question is, would the change be worth it? If it's easy to do,
yes, if it causes problems and takes too much time to get things
right, no.