Redesign of dlang.org

Aleksandar Ruzicic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 18 13:04:51 PDT 2014

On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 18:56:38 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 14:04:04 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic
> wrote:
>>
>> http://krcko.net/dlang.org/dlang-home-draft1.png
>>
>> I'm not entirely satisfied with it but I believe that it looks
>> better (or at least more modern) than the current design.
>>

>> So, what do you guys think?
>
> Nice initiative, but the top bar looks a lot like adobe.com . I
> think something less corporate would be more suitable. What are
> you trying to communicate? A community or a corporation?
>
> What kind of signals are you sending to the first time visitor?
> Is he a customer, consumer, participant, etc…

I was aiming for something that will communicate "this is a
website of powerful, modern programming language". I wanted
something that looks "professional", which is something that can
be associated with both serious community and a corporation.

Anyway, I have already said in one of previous posts that this is
just a mockup and that I will try to have real designer involved
(I'm not designer). I made this just to show direction in which I
think we should go with dlang.org.