Redesign of dlang.org

Aleksandar Ruzicic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 18 13:28:06 PDT 2014

On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 20:12:44 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 20:04:53 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic
> wrote:
>> I wanted something that looks "professional", which is
>> something that can be associated with both serious community
>> and a corporation.
>
> In the past decade there has been so many startups with
> programming frameworks that go bust and leave the developers
> with nothing so I think it is important that the site
> communicate "community". They tend to stick around longer.
>
> It is usually a good idea to take a look at the competing
> sites. This is because:
>
> 1. visitors are likely to be familiar with one of those
> 2. they might have figured out something that works
> 3. you want to do at least what they do, but better
>
> http://www.rust-lang.org/
> http://golang.org/
> https://www.python.org/
> https://www.dartlang.org/
>
> etc.

I really like rust-lang.org, I was thinking of using it as a base
for design but decided against it because I don't want dlang.org
to be accused of ripping of rust-lang.org.

golang.org is not really readable in my opinion. There is not
enough distinction between page components (there is no area on
that design that catches your eye as soon as you look at page).

python.org is one of my favorite websites, they really did good
job.

dartlang.org is nice, cleanly designed website. It reminds me of
a website of programming framework produced by some startup :)

I also like ruby-lang.org and recently-redesigned php.net