Redesign of dlang.org

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 18 15:07:54 PDT 2014

On 4/18/2014 10:04 AM, Aleksandar Ruzicic wrote:

> I have also tried to design something myself (although I'm not a
> designer) and this is what I came up with:
>
> http://krcko.net/dlang.org/dlang-home-draft1.png
>
> I'm not entirely satisfied with it but I believe that it looks better
> (or at least more modern) than the current design.
>

> So, what do you guys think?

I'm normally very skeptical and critical of "staying modern" (and
regarding someone's mention of Win8 - I find Win8 downright UGLY) -
However...I really like your design, quite a lot.

As long as it's:

- A normal reflowing layout (not a static fixed-width one or an
auto-rescaling one)

- Doesn't require JS (optional JS enhancements are fine)

- Works reasonably well on mobile *including* a complete and total lack
of that "no zooming allowed" abomination that seems so popular these
days (As far as I'm concerned, full user-controlled scaling is
*mandatory* for good usability on tiny hand-held devices, especially on
these "modern" capacitive ones incapable of registering presses from
anything more accurate than a blunt finger - or for anyone with less
than 20/20 eyesight)