Redesign of dlang.org

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 19 04:48:38 PDT 2014

On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 16:40:32 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic
wrote:
> I must respectfully disagree about retaining left justification.
> I have 27'' monitor with resolution of 2560x1440 and
> left-aligned websites are really hard to read!
>
> There is a reason why most editors have "zen mode" which
> centers your code on a screen. It's easier to read when it's
> centered and not too wide.

You can have the browser window centered on screen and have your
preferred width. It doesn't make sense to have wide window if
don't ever want anything that wide, then every site which fits
the window width automatically has your preferred width,
otherwise the designer would need to figure out everyone's
preferred width and accommodate for that, but how?

> [1] http://devdocs.io/

"Sorry, your browser is not supported". I would understand, if it
was an FPS web game, but what advanced technology a documentation
site absolutely can't live without?