Missed optimisation case - internal use of STCin

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 19 08:00:16 PDT 2014

On 19 April 2014 15:36, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 April 2014 at 14:21:23 UTC, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>>
>> eg:
>> - nothrow has *no* guarantee, period, because it still allows
>> unrecoverable errors being thrown, and allows people to catch said
>> unrecoverable errors.
>

> Hm, it is hard to find clear answer in spec but I _think_ that replacing
> error throwing with program halting in release mode for nothrow function
> should be valid behavior.

Nope.  I can't recall the exact code, but an example is in the
testsuite.  It was discovered when porting to ARM, which was found to
omit unwind directives for D nothrow functions, causing runtime hangs
when said 'nothrow' functions infact threw an Error.