Redesign of dlang.org

Aleksandar Ruzicic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 19 15:01:50 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 19 April 2014 at 21:49:20 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On 4/19/2014 7:48 AM, Kagamin wrote:
>> On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 16:40:32 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic
>> wrote:
>>
>>> [1] http://devdocs.io/
>>
>> "Sorry, your browser is not supported". I would understand, if
>> it was an
>> FPS web game, but what advanced technology a documentation site
>> absolutely can't live without?
>
> I get "This site is asking to store data on your computer for
> offline use".
>
> I always decline that sort of thing. Aside from games (which
> really belong outside the browser anyway), anything that can't
> be handled via a normal session cookie is questionable and
> doesn't belong on my computer.

They use it to remember your selection of languages/frameworks if
I'm not mistaken.

That can surely be stored in a Cookie, but I also prefer
localStorage, mostly for performance reasons (cookies get sent on
*every* request, unless you setup subdomain just for that type of
cookies) and for the fact that cookies are the worst thing ever
happened to HTTP :)